HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Portcullis Gate Automation Ltd aims to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our employees while they are at work and of others who may be affected by our undertakings.
This general policy statement provides a commitment and intent to comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
To ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout the Company, we will be committed to:
• complying with relevant health and safety laws and regulations, voluntary programmes, collective agreements on health and safety and other requirements to which the Company subscribes;
• setting and monitoring of health and safety objectives for the Company;
• effective communication of and consultation on health and safety matters throughout the Company;
• assessing the risks to the safety and health of our employees and others who may be affected by our activities and implementing controls to minimise those risks;
• preventing work-related injuries, ill health, disease and incidents;
• providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment and implementing safe systems of work;
• the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
• providing and maintaining a safe working environment with safe access, egress and welfare facilities;
• providing the necessary training to our employees and others, including temporary employees to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety;
• providing suitable and sufficient information, instruction and supervision for employees;
• continually improving the performance of our health and safety management;
• devoting the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of our employees and seeking expert help where the necessary skills are not available within the Company;
• an annual review and when necessary the revision of this health and safety policy;
• making this policy available to relevant interested external parties, as appropriate.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be periodically reviewed by the Director and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued.
This policy statement is displayed (on-site) and is publicly available through our website and reception area or as may be reasonably requested by any interested party.
This policy has been developed with the assistance of Mentor Services.
CONTACT OUR HELP DESK
If you need further information on our Health and Safety Policy please call our Help desk number below.
Our National Help Desk is here to help, a one stop phone number straight through to our trained technical staff who will be happy to assist you with any type of enquiry, Technical questions, Maintenance and Health and Safety advice. Should you require a Callout engineer or speak to the sales team the Help Desk will transfer you through to the correct person.
Call Local Rate: 0845 602 0846