ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Portcullis Gate Automation Ltd is an environmentally responsible organisation and as such we acknowledge the potential impact that our Servicing and Installation of Automated Gates operations may have on the environment.
This policy has been endorsed by the Director who gives their full support to its implementation. The Director in co-ordination with the ‘environmental champion’ are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the organisation.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance. The results of which are communicated throughout the organisation and to our clients, suppliers and contractors, as appropriate.
As an organisation, we are committed to ensuring that we: –
- Comply with all environmental legislation, using codes of practice and guidance produced by regulatory bodies to assist where appropriate.
- Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy, commensurate with their role.
- Work towards an informal environmental management system based on legal requirements and in accordance with other health & safety and quality procedures.
- Strive to integrate environmental best practice into our business operationsPrevent pollution to the environment by ensuring that we manage waste and energy.
- Minimise waste to landfill by reducing our waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
- Co-ordinate deliveries and business mileage so as to maximise fuel efficiency.
- Use energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long term sustainability of consumable items.
- Ensure that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services.
- Give appropriate consideration for the environment in the goods and services we provide to customers.
- Work together with local businesses, neighbours, partners or suppliers to encourage commitment and improvement in our local environment.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be periodically reviewed by the Director and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued.
This policy statement is displayed (on-site) and is publicly available through our website and reception area or as may be reasonably requested by any interested party.
This policy has been developed with the assistance of Mentor Services.
CONTACT OUR HELP DESK
If you need further information on our Environmental Policy please call our Help desk number below.
Our National Help Desk is here to help, a one stop phone number straight through to our trained technical staff who will be happy to assist you with any type of enquiry, Technical questions, Maintenance and Health and Safety advice. Should you require a Callout engineer or speak to the sales team the Help Desk will transfer you through to the correct person.
Call Local Rate: 0845 602 0846